How does your heart stand the wait to see your baby tomorrow {for just the second time in 4 weeks}?
I almost can't breathe.
I may not sleep.
Will you ask me to leave just your girl, or invite me to stay too?
I think I'm more afraid now than before our first meeting. More information can do that to you.
So can loving a baby who doesn't belong to you.
But, I remember that first time we met.
I was shaking - until I saw you. And then? Nothing short of miraculous peace that surpasses understanding.
I'm asking God for the same washing over us both tomorrow.
Your precious girl, well, I'm thankful she doesn't know of this mess.
Oh, she sees our messes of stuff on every surface and hears the sibling squabbles. I'd like to think all she really knows is love.
{Hopefully she won't find it hard to sleep tonight!}
Thank you for writing even when it hurts. Praying for your visit tomorrow.
ReplyDelete