23 October 2012

Nothing to Lose

God is using this, "I'm walking through Kroger (Insert other exciting places like Walmart here, too.) like a zombie in a traveling circus" thing I've got going on to bring glory to His name.

I kind of like quiet, calm, and unnoticed (aka I like control).

Can't so much pull that off anymore.   Seriously - hang out at the Kroger by our house and we will provide the entertainment.  Bring your own popcorn.

And you know what?  All those people passing by whom I assumed also wanted invisible - or even the we are both getting our to-do lists checked off, so let's smile but just keep walking people - approach me everywhere we go.  Few are encouraging, some are downright rude, and most are curious and just think I'm crazy.

They would be right.  I am crazy.  And if they already think I'm crazy, why not throw a little weird Christian talk into the mix?! If I'm already categorized into the looney bin, I've got nothing to lose!  Maybe I just move from the out patient to in patient insane asylum in their heads?!?  But I've probably spoken Jesus' name and of grace more in the last two months to strangers than in the last two years combined (shameful).

God is good to use this madness and my utter (I just laughed out loud at the thought of writing udder  instead...proof I'm crazy AND dorky... Jon is so lucky) weakness to magnify his grace, love, and faithfulness.

If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God.  2 Corinthians 5:13a (NLT)

What are you doing that seems crazy to the world (and probably to yourself)?

Let me tell you from a place of what feels like insanity, He is faithful.  He will bring glory to Himself - can you believe he would use our inability and struggles to accomplish that great end?  All the while upholding us with his hand, never leaving or forsaking us!  These are just some of His promises to those who are in Christ!  I have nothing to lose, remember? So, if you want to ask more about my craziness, or have your own to share, let's chat. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment